About NAPAC and its Mission Statement
We are the only national organisation focused on supporting adults who have been abused in any way as children. We know that most children who are abused don't talk about it until they become adults. NAPAC exists to support survivors of child abuse when they want to talk and receive support.
We aim to:
- Respond to the distress caused in adulthood by ill treatment and/or neglect in childhood.
- Maintain a national information telephone line and other support services for people requiring advice and information about help available to overcome the continuing impact of childhood abuse in adulthood.
- Provide support, training, information and resources to persons and organisations supporting people who have experienced ill treatment and/or neglect in childhood.
- Raise public awareness of the continuing impact of childhood abuse in adulthood.
- Effectively campaign to alleviate the impact of child abuse in adulthood.
We plan to achieve these aims by:
- Continuing to maintain our national freephone support line and other support services for adults who have suffered any type of abuse during childhood.
- The publication of helpful materials and information.
- Establishing and delivering training packages for people and organisations supporting adult survivors who experienced ill treatment or neglect in childhood.
- The establishment, maintenance and monitoring of a national register of counsellors and therapists who are committed to assisting adults who have experienced child abuse.
- Organising seminars and conferences on relevant topics.
- Promoting and liaising with relevant bodies on issues pertaining to childhood abuse and its continuing impact in adulthood.