EVENTS: Current and upcoming
We hear about different events relevant for survivors of childhood abuse and those supporting them. On these pages you can find out about the events that we are aware of, both within the UK and internationally.
If you are running an event that you think we should be aware of please send the relevant information to the NAPAC office.
- When: Thursday 7th November 2013
- Where: Westleigh Conference Centre, Preston PR4 0RB
- More info: http://www.uclan.ac.uk/conference_events/changing_the_future.php
- Download Flyer click here:
- Workshop for people have experienced sexual abuse and for those that support them
- When: Saturday 26th October 2013
- More info: Click here
- Breaking Free Manor Retreat 12th-14th July 2013
- More info: we will be hosting the Breaking Free Manor Retreat for female survivors of sexual abuse and rape.
The weekend is highly participative and we focus on workshops, insight and healing in the following areas:
- Group Discussion
- Sharing of Stories
- Anger Workshop
- Guilt and Shame Workshop
- Creative Expression
- Self Nurturing and Self Esteem
Breaking Free Female Support Project is a registered non-profit charity run by dedicated female survivors, who are trained counsellors. Fundamentally, we focus on treating the induced trauma and in turn offer the opportunity for clients to actually get in touch with their feelings, enabling them to release lifelong negativity.
- Contact Info:
T: 01793 514339/ 07547 680 839
Registered Charity :1148239.
Download Flyer Click Here
- When: on sat 29th June in Parkstone.
- More info: Click Here
- Download Early Booking Form Click Here
TTW 3rd Annual Survivors Picnic
- When: 1st June 2013 12-5pm
- Where: Kensington Palace Gardens
- More info: Click here for the flyer
“Invest in a caring society. A living wage for mothers and other carers”
- You are invited to the House of Commons on 1st May for the launch of the petition “Invest in a caring society. A living wage for mothers and other carers”. It will be hosted by John McDonnell MP
- Please sign it, ask your networks and organisations to sign.
Come to the launch. There will be an open mic.
When: Wednesday 1st May 2013, 7-9pm
Where: Grand Committee Room, House of Commons London SW1 Westminster
The meeting will be chaired by John McDonnell MP
From the Mouths of the Mothers
- When: 21st-25th May 2013
- Where: The Pleasance Theatre
- More info: A Veratim Theare Play by Amanda Stuart Fisher telling the story of Child Sexual Abuse. Click here to download flyer