Finding the support
Call 0800 085 3330 or email email@example.com or scroll down for more information.
If you would like to see what services are in your area please use the search box below.
We know you probably have many questions you want answers to as we hear many questions from survivors of abuse.
- Why did it happen to me?Who can I talk to?
- What if people don't believe me?
- Why do I still feel bad?
Unfortunately, we do not have all the answers but we hope that what we are able to share with you is helpful, particularly in relation to some common questions listed below which our support line and email support come across regularly.
- "I'm looking for a support group in my local area." Click here.
- "I want to speak to a specialist or counsellor but don't know how to start." Click here or here.
- "I want to speak to someone but am not ready to talk face-to-face." Click here.
- "I'm having bad flashbacks. Is this normal?" Click here.
I want to report my abuser to the police. Can I do this? How do I do this?
The ever changing law and the criminal justice system are complicated areas and each case concerning childhood abuse must be looked at carefully by professionals. Whilst NAPAC does not currently employ any legal professionals to address or advise survivors and their supporters regarding any prosecution cases, you can download our leaflet on Legal Information here. You may also find useful information to help you further on the following organisations' websites:
Have you got any leaflets/information on abuse?
Yes we have: So far, NAPAC (kindly sponsored by AO Advocates) has produced six very useful booklets which answer many of the common questions asked by adult survivors of childhood abuse. These are available to download for free. Click on an image below of the booklet you would like to download.
Audio versions of our booklets seen above:
The above booklets are now available in Spanish Click here to download.
Residential Programmes for Adult Survivors of Child Abuse
- The Heal For Life Foundation http://www.healforlife.org.uk/index.html runs affordable five-day healing retreats for people who have experienced any kind of trauma or abuse as children.
Survivors under 18 years old looking for supportContact:
Kindly note that whilst NAPAC makes every attempt to check the veracity of the resources contained within its website, NAPAC cannot take any responsibility for the organisations, the individuals involved or their website contents. NAPAC does not endorse or recommend any of the resources mentioned on its website but merely aims to inform you of the possible services available. Please take care when searching for help and don't give up until you find the ongoing support you deserve.